Summer Camp for Kids
Thinking about summer camp for your kids? There are so many camps to consider: day camp, overnight summer camps and sleep-away camps. Whether you need to fill every week of summer with an activity, or you’re looking to get the kids out of the house and into nature for a few days there are some thing to consider.
- What activities are your kids into? Pretty much, there is a summer camp for every child’s interests. From art to dance camp to sports to technology camp. Finding the perfect one for your child shouldn’t be too tough.
- Have your kids ever been away from you for an extended period of time? Before considering an extended sleep-away camp you may want to dip your toe into the water with a camp that may be held daily during the week with one overnight.
- Financial Assistance: Can’t afford the camp you want? Ask if there is any kind of tuition assistance or financial aid. Check for scholarships as well.
- Special needs camps. Does your child have specific needs regarding behavior or even dietary? There is bound to be a camp to fit in with what would make their summer camp experience more enjoyable. Consider all of this during your search.
- What location would your child like best? Close to home. Near a beach. In the mountains. What, if any, transportation is available?
- For day camps you’re going to want to know if lunch and snacks are provided or if you need to pack your own.
You can find Camps on the Tots2Tweens website by searching the “Camps/School’s Out” category. You can narrow down to your specific location as well. We call the category camps/school’s out because lots of organizations have special camps and offerings during Winter Break and Spring Break, too.
Contact the camps you’re interested in and see if you can set up a visit. This way, you’ll get an idea of everything each summer camp has to offer your child.