Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/
What's in it
8 ounces whole-wheat pasta, boiled and drained according to pasta directions
1 ounce dried mushrooms
2 tablespoons butter
2 shallots, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup white wine
2 cups loosely packed kale, with big stems removed and cut into strips
¾ cup heavy cream
¼ teaspoon salt
Pepper, to taste
⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
How to cook it
- In a small pot, add the dried mushrooms and cover with water (minimum of 1 ½ cups). Bring to a boil and cook until the mushrooms have softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain while reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Dice the cooked mushrooms (I do this by using culinary scissors).
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the shallots, mushrooms, and garlic to the pan and cook while stirring for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and turn up the heat so the mixture comes to a boil. Cook until the wine almost completely boils off, about 3 to 4 minutes (if you are doubling this recipe, it will take longer).
- Pour in the 1 cup of the reserved mushroom cooking liquid and cook until reduced by half.
- Turn the heat back down to medium and add the heavy cream, kale, salt, and pepper to the pan. Cook until the sauce thickens, 2 to 3 more minutes. Fold in the noodles, garnish with Parmesan, and serve.
More recipes with "Cheese, Kale, Mushrooms, Pasta":