Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
The cheese rolled in the center of each slice of lunchmeat ensures a mouthful of gooey goodness.
What's in it
6 Kaiser or other sandwich rolls
18 ounces lunchmeat - roast beef, turkey, ham etc.
9 slices cheese - cheddar, provolone, Swiss etc.
assorted condiments and toppings
How to cook it
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Split rolls in half horizontally and place on baking sheet cut sides up.
- Toast for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Lay out slices of lunchmeat (3 one-ounce slices per sandwich) and top each with a half-slice of cheese. Roll up and set seam side down on the bottom half of each roll.
- Put meat and cheese topped rolls back in the oven for 5 - 7 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Dress as desired and put tops of rolls back on each sandwich.