Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
What's in it
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
12 tablespoons cold butter
1 cup mashed roasted sweet potatoes
1/2 cup ground pecans
1/3 cup half and half
How to cook it
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Grease a 1/2 sheet pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar together.
- Add the butter, and with your hands, work the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles a coarse cornmeal.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes and pecans. Add the cream, a little at a time until a soft dough is formed.
- Lightly flour a surface. Place the dough onto the surface and dust the top with flour. Lightly press the dough out to 1/2 inch thickness. Using a 2 inch biscuit cutter, cut the biscuits into rounds. Place the biscuits on a greased baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
More recipes with "Pecans, Sweet Potatoes":
More "Appetizer, Brunch, Side Dish" recipes: