Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/
What's in it
1 lb boxed or homemade 100% whole-grain pasta
2 tablespoons butter, preferably organic
1 cup heavy whipping cream, preferably organic
⅔ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
How to cook it
- In a large pot, boil the pasta according to package directions
- Meanwhile melt all the butter and ⅔ of the cream in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Stir with a wooden or other large spoon.
- Once the cream and butter start to thicken (after a couple minutes) turn the heat off.
- When the pasta is done drain it thoroughly in a colander and add drained noodles to the cream and butter mixture.
- Turn the heat back on to medium-low and add the remaining ⅓ cup cream and all of the Parmesan cheese.
- Toss the pasta around to coat until the sauce thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper and portion out into pasta bowls. Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese and fresh sautéed vegetables (if desired) and serve immediately.