Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://food.mamiverse.com/summer-shrimp-a-quick-grilling-gives-great-taste-6843/
What's in it
1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined with the tail left on
1 ½ t ancho chili pepper powder
2 t brown sugar
¼ t kosher salt
¼ t ground cumin
¼ t oregano
¼ t garlic powder
¼ t onion powder
2 T avocado oil
Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
1 lime, cut in wedges for garnish
Approximately 10 skewers
How to cook it
- If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for up to 30 minutes to prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Rinse shrimp thoroughly in a colander under cold running water.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the shrimp with 1 T avocado oil and set aside.
- Prepare the gill to medium heat.
- Combine next seven ingredients (ancho chili powder through onion powder) in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over shrimp and toss until the shrimp are evenly coated.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Skewer the shrimp from tail to head, keeping the shrimp as straight as possible to prevent the shrimp from curling. This allows the shrimp to cook evenly.
- Grill the shrimp for approximately 2 minutes per side, until opaque.
- Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of avocado oil over the shrimp.
- Garnish with cilantro and fresh lime and serve.