Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.simplyorganic.com
What's in it
1 large spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, grated
1 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch thick half moons (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 medium yellow squash, sliced into 1/4 inch thick half moons (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 cup minced crimini mushrooms/baby portobellos (about 3 medium-sized)
1 1/2 teaspoons rosemary
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup Pinot Noir
1 teaspoon sugar
3 cups freshly grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
How to cook it
- For the Spaghetti Squash: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Scoop out the seeds and discard (or keep if you’re planning to roast them). Place the two halves cut-side down in a large baking dish or rimmed sheet pan. Bake for 45 minutes to one hour. Once the squash has cooled, use a fork and scrape the flesh of the squash to form the spaghetti like strands.
- For the Sauce: In a 10-inch skillet; add the butter and olive oil. Once hot, add in the chopped onion and grated carrot. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until the onion is soft and translucent. Remove the cooked onion and carrots to a plate, and set it off to the side.
- Add the sliced zucchini and yellow squash to the pan. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook until the vegetables start to soften and turn a little golden, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the minced mushrooms and garlic. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cooked onion and carrot, rosemary, basil and oregano and cook for one additional minute.
- Next pour in the can of crushed tomatoes and wine, and add the sugar, salt and pepper. Stir and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- To Assemble the Lasagna: In a rectangular baking dish (7x11), add a spoonful of the sauce and spread it around the bottom of the pan. Evenly lay down half of the spaghetti squash and season with a little salt and black pepper. Top with half of the sauce, a cup of the grated mozzarella and a quarter cup of the grated Parmesan.
- Layer the rest of the spaghetti squash, more salt and pepper, the remaining sauce and the remaining two cups of grated mozzarella. Sprinkle the remaining quarter cup of Parmesan over top.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
More recipes with "carrots, Cheese, Mushrooms, Onion, Spaghetti Squash, Tomato Sauce, Zucchini":
More "Dinner" recipes:
More recipes with the same dietary type of "Gluten Free":