Recipe submitted by: orock
What's in it
1 pound lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
3/4 cup ketchup
3 teaspoons brown sugar
ground black pepper to taste
1 package (12 ounces) rotini pasta, cooked and drained
1 container (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
How to cook it
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
- Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with and pepper.
- Remove from the heat; stir in pasta.
- Spoon half into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with cottage cheese and remaining pasta mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted