Recipe submitted by: rroberts
What's in it
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 pounds lean ground sirloin or ground turkey
1 packages beef or pork hot dogs, sliced 1/2-inch thick
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon steak seasoning (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
1 tablespoon chili powder
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 (14.5-ounce) can tomato sauce
9 soft burger rolls - like at the ballpark
How to cook it
- Heat the extra-virgin olive oil, a turn of the pan, in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat and crumble as it browns
- Add chopped hot dogs after 3 to 4 minutes then cook 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook to soften, 5 to 6 minutes more.
- In a bowl mix the spices, sugar, Worcestershire and tomato sauce. Pour sauce over the meat and simmer a few minutes to combine flavors.
- Slop onto buns and serve.
More "Dinner" recipes: