Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://80breakfasts.blogspot.com/2011/08/simple-wonton-noodle-soup.html
What's in it
120 grams egg noodles
4 cups chicken stock
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
1 red onion sliced
10-12 pcs wonton
1-2 bunches bok choy, trimmed and leaves separated
1 bunch enoki mushrooms, bottom trimmed and separated
A splash or 2 of soy sauce
6 stalks green onion, sliced on the diagonal
How to cook it
- Cook the egg noodles as per package directions and set aside.
- Place stock, ginger, and onion in a pot and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the onion is soft.
- Add the wontons into the pot and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add bok choy and mushrooms and simmer a further 5-10 minutes or until everything is cooked.
- Add a splash or two of soy sauce to taste. Take the pot of the heat.
- Pile noodles in individual bowls. Pour soup over the noodles making sure each serving gets some vegetables and wontons. Garnish each serving with sliced green onions.