Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.myorganicrecipes.com
What's in it
2 ½ cups white flour
1 cup butter
¼ teaspoon sugar
1 pk dry yeast
½ teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons warm milk
1 cup sour cream
grated parmesan and caraway to garnish
How to cook it
- Preheat the oven to 360 F/ 200 C.
- Combine dry yeast with warm milk and sugar. Stir and let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl combine flour, egg yolk (save the egg white for later) , butter, salt and yeast mixture, beat well. Add the sour cream, make a soft dough. Cover bowl and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces, place each ball on a lightly floured surface, roll each ball using more flour to prevent sticking as necessary.
- Mix the egg white with 1 tablespoon water.
- Cut out your flower shaped cookies and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush them with egg white and sprinkle with grated parmesan and caraway.
- Bake the salty flowers for 15 20 minutes, until they just starting to turn golden.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve with your mommy.
More recipes with "Milk, Sour Cream":
More "Dessert" recipes: