Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: Gluten Freeda
What's in it
1 large chicken
1/2 cup fresh rosemary
1/2 cup fresh oregano
4 leaves fresh sage
6 garlic cloves, peeled
16 ounces gf chicken stock
1 cup dry white wine
Salt and pepper
1 Tablespoon gf flour
1 Tablespoon water
How to cook it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Wash and dry chicken, inside and out.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan, on a rack; pour stock and wine into pan. Add four cloves of garlic and half of the herbs to liquid in pan. Add remainder of garlic and herbs to chicken cavity.
- Rub skin of chicken generously with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes, basting often.
- When cooked, transfer chicken to a cutting board and tent with foil.
- Remove rack and any herb stems from roasting pan. Bring juices to a boil. Combine flour and water and add to juices, stirring until thickened. (You may need to add more or less flour).
- Season sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper; serve with chicken.
More recipes with "Chicken":