Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hillbilly-Recipes/412046715548890
What's in it
1 pound rigatoni pasta
½ pound ground beef
½ pound ground Italian sausage
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup onion, chopped
4 ounces cream cheese
14 ounces spaghetti sauce
15 ounces ricotta cheese
1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
2 large eggs
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. oregano
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
How to cook it
- Boil and drain the noodles according to the directions on the box. You want them a little firm, as they will cook some more in the oven. Run cold water over them so they are cool enough to handle.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef and Italian sausage with salt and pepper to taste. Drain the excess grease, and add the chopped onion and garlic. After about 5 minutes, add the cream cheese and stir until melted. Add the spaghetti sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix your ricotta, parmesan, basil, oregano and 2 eggs until smooth then set aside.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a springform pan with cooking spray. Tightly pack the pasta into the pan, standing each piece on end.
- Fill a Ziploc bag with the cheese mixture and snip the corner of the bag and pipe a small amount into every noodle, leaving a little empty space at the top of each noodle.
- Pour the beef and sauce mixture over the top, letting it fill the empty spaces at the top of and in between the noodles.
- Top the whole thing with the 2 cups of mozzarella.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Then turn the broiler on just long enough for the cheese to start to get brown and bubbly.
More recipes with "Beef, Cheese, Cream Cheese, Eggs, Onion, Pasta, Pork, Tomato Sauce":
More "Dinner" recipes: