Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://moms.mylifetime.com/food/30-minute-meal-quick-thai-chicken-curry
What's in it
1 cup Thai jasmine or fragrant rice
14-oz. can of coconut milk
3 tablespoons green Thai curry paste
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1 chicken breast (about 14 oz.) cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 teaspoon kaffir lime leaf puree
1 teaspoon Thai fish sauce
scant 1 cup mixed fresh vegetables of your choice
handful of Thai sweet basil leaves
How to cook it
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, pour the coconut milk into a saucepan and gently bring it to near boiling. Remove from the heat and stir in the Thai curry paste. Set aside.
- Heat the oil into a large frying pan or wok and stir-fry the chicken pieces over high heat for 2 minutes, or until golden.
- Pour the warm, spiced coconut milk over the fried chicken pieces and add the kaffir lime leaf puree and fish sauce. Add any vegetables you are using at this stage. Stir and simmer gently for about 12 minutes, or until everything is cooked through.
- Divide the curry between warmed serving bowls, scatter over the basil leaves and serve immediately with a bowl of rice on the side.
More recipes with "carrots, Chicken, Coconut Milk, Green Beans, Limes, Mushrooms, Rice":
More "Dinner" recipes: