Recipe submitted by: jsf418
What's in it
2 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
1 large carrots, cooked and pureed
2 onions, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced (for inside of filling)
2 teaspoons ground coriander seed
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground pumpkin pie spice
1 pinch ground cardamom
3 tbs unsalted butter
5 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons real maple syrup
1 egg, beaten
1 box pasta shells
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
1 cup chopped hazelnuts
3 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cloves garlic, minced (for sauce)
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 pinch white pepper
salt to taste
How to cook it
- Cook pasta shells according to instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Toast the hazelnuts in a shallow pan on the middle rack for 10 to 12 minutes, or until brown and fragrant. When they are cool enough to handle, wrap the nuts tightly in a lint-free towel, and vigorously rub nuts against the towel. Continue rubbing until the nuts are almost blond.
- Saute the onions, garlic, and spices in butter or margarine until the onions are soft. Stir together with the pureed vegetables. Add cheese, maple syrup, egg, salt, and black pepper. Adjust seasoning. Set the filling aside.
- Cook the cream, garlic, cayenne, and white pepper over high heat; stir often, and adjust heat to keep the cream from boiling over. When the cream is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, add a pinch salt. Adjust seasoning. Remove sauce from heat until you're ready to use it.
- Stuff the shells with the filling. Cover with sauce and sprinkle the top with half of the hazelnuts. Use all of the hazelnuts if you prefer them softer. I recommend doing this.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining toasted hazelnuts, if you didn't use them all already. Serve with a nice salad and garlic bread.
More recipes with "Pasta":
More "Dinner" recipes:
More recipes with the same dietary type of "Vegetarian":