Recipe submitted by: Dani Gurrie
What's in it
1 Plain Vanilla Pound Cake
2-3 cups of milk
1/2 cup Corn Starch
Cinnamon sticks (powder works too)
1/2 cup (or less) Dark rum (Flor de Caña is best but any Dark rum will do)
3 tbsp of sugar
How to cook it
- Once the cake is baked and cooled, break it up into small pieces and put in the dish it will be served in.
- Warm milk on stove then add to blender with the corn starch.
- Blend or pulse until well mixed.
- Add mixture back to stove on medium heat.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon and rum. Stir slowly until it thickens. Do not stop stirring or it will stick. If mixture becomes too sticky, add a SMALL amount of milk until the mixture is somewhat thick and "soupy," but not sticky.
- Gently pour over the cake until the cake is covered.
- Add raisins and sprinkle with cinnamon. Put in fridge and let it cool for a few hours.