What's in it
1 1/2lb Top round steak
1/3c Vegetable oil
3 md Green peppers, cut in 1" pieces
3 md Red peppers, cut in 1" pieces
1 1/2c Sliced celery
1/2c Finely chopped onion
1cl Garlic, minced
1 1/2 c Beef broth
1tb Soy sauce
Hot cooked rice, optional
How to cook it
- Slice steak, diagonally, into very thin slices, then cut slices into 2" pieces.
- In electric skillet, heat oil with heat control set at 350 degrees.
- Brown meat in hot oil about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Add red and green pepper, celery, onion, garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add beef broth.
- Turn heat control to 250 degrees.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are tender crisp, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Dissolve together cornstarch, water and soy sauce until smooth. Add to meat mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve over rice, if desired.