Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.tennesseeaquarium.org/
What's in it
2 oz. finely chopped pecans
1 oz. panko breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons unsalted butter - cold and cut into small pieces
4 4-6 oz. US farmed Rainbow trout fillets - boneless, skin-on
How to cook it
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the pecans, panko, parsley, dill, salt and pepper into a small mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Cut the butter into the mixture, using your fingers or the tines of a fork, until well incorporated.
- Place the fillets on a parchment lined half sheet pan.
- Sprinkle the pecan mixture evenly onto the fillets, and press down to cover.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the fish is opaque in color and firm and flaky. The pecan crust should be lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and use a large spatula to transfer the fish to a large serving plate to rest for 3 minutes before serving.