Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/peach_sorbet.html
What's in it
4 cups quartered, pitted ripe peach (about 4 peaches), fresh or frozen (see Tips)
1 cup white grape juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
How to cook it
- Puree peaches in a food processor until smooth.
- Combine white grape juice, lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir the syrup into the fruit puree. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator until cold, about 4 hours.
- Pour the sorbet mixture into an ice cream maker. (No ice cream maker? See Tips.) Freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- TIPS & NOTES Make Ahead Tip: Freeze in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Let soften slightly before serving. Tips: If using frozen fruit, measure it frozen and then thaw before pureeing. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, freeze the mixture in a shallow metal cake pan or ice cube trays until solid, about 6 hours. Break into chunks and process in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.