Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.food.com/recipe/oreo-pudding-poke-cake-475554
What's in it
1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
2 (4 ounce) packages of instant oreo pudding
4 cups milk (2% or higher)
crushed Oreo cookies
How to cook it
- Make cake mix according to directions and bake in a well-greased 9×13 pan.
- Just before cake is done, start making pudding. In a medium bowl, add milk to pudding mixture and continue to whisk until most of the lumps are removed.
- Let pudding mixture sit for about 2 minutes.
- You want it to thicken slightly so it isn’t overly runny but not fully thickened into pudding.
- When cake is finished, while still warm, poke holes all over cake (about 1-inch) intervals using a wooden spoon handle or a straw.
- Pour pudding mixture over warm cake.
- Allow the cake to cool for several minutes on the counter then put into the fridge to set up. About an hour.
- Once it is set, top with crushed Oreo cookies.