Recipe submitted by: Dani Gurrie
Recipe courtesy of: 365 Days of Crockpot.com
What's in it
1 cup diced onion (1/2 of 1 large onion)
2 Tbsp butter
1 garlic clove, minced
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1 cup long grained brown rice
1/2 cup broth (or 1/2 cup
water + 1/2 tsp chicken
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
How to cook it
- In a microwave safe dish, stir together the onion, butter, garlic, mushrooms, rice and 1/2 cup broth.
- Microwave for 4 minutes, stirring every 90 seconds.
- Transfer to a greased slow cooker.
- Stir in the 2 cups broth and water.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for about 3 hours. (mine took exactly 3 hours...yours may take more or less depending on your slow cooker)
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste and vinegar.
- Serve immediately (this tastes best served right away, it doesn't hold up very well on the warm setting)