Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com
What's in it
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup sweet rice flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of fine sea salt
1 cup packed organic light brown sugar
5 medium free-range organic eggs
4 oz. light cream cheese (or butter or vegan margarine), softened
1/2 cup organic plain or lemon yogurt- low fat is fine
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Lemon zest (fine grated peel) from 1 fresh lemon
1 teaspoon bourbon vanilla extract
How to cook it
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line the bottom of a 9-inch Springform or cake pan with buttered parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together the almond flour, sweet rice flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and sugar.
- Beat the eggs in separate large mixing bowl until they are light and foamy. Beat in the cream cheese and yogurt until combined.
- Add in the lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla; beat to combine.
- Add in the flour mixture a bit at a time and beat on medium speed for a minute or two.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake in the center of a pre-heated 350ºF. oven for about 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the cake emerges clean.
- Cool on a wire rack; and release from the pan. Dust with powdered sugar. This cake freezes well.
More recipes with "Cream Cheese, Eggs, Lemons, Yogurt":
More recipes with the same dietary type of "Gluten Free":