Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/
What's in it
1 12-oz. box gluten-free brown rice penne
1 1-lb. bunch thin asparagus
Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
1 large lemon
1/2 cup Vegenaise
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
2 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram
Black pepper, freshly ground
How to cook it
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil and stir in the brown rice penne. Cook until tender, but still al dente. Do not over-cook.
- Wash the asparagus. Trim off tough ends. Grill in a grill pan (or on a hot grill) until the spears are tender-crisp- don't over-cook these babies. You want them smoky and slightly crisp. Remove them from the grill pan or grill and let them cool a bit. Slice them into bite-size lengths.
- When the pasta is cooked to al dente, drain well and pour into a large bowl. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, toss lightly to coat. Squeeze lemon juice all over the pasta and toss gently. Add the Vegenaise, asparagus, and fresh chopped herbs. Season with sea salt and black pepper, to taste. Again, toss gently to combine.
- Serve immediately at room temperature when the flavors are fresh and vibrant. This will insure the best texture.
- If you must make it ahead of time- cover and chill. But before serving, allow the pasta salad to come up to room temperature for best flavor. Gluten-free pasta becomes stiff when chilled.
More recipes with "Asparagus, Brown Rice Pasta (GF), Lemons":
More "Dinner, Lunch, Salad, Side Dish" recipes: