Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
What's in it
8 (1.58 oz.) packets of high fiber cinnamon instant oatmeal cereal
1 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
8 oz. butter, softened
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup egg substitute
How to cook it
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Combine oatmeal cereal, baking powder and flour. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add egg substitute, beating for about 1 minute. It will look lumpy. Add the dry ingredients and blend well using a wooden spoon. Dough will be sticky.
- Using a small ice cream scoop (equivalent to one tablespoon), drop batter onto a greased cookie sheet. Spray hands with cooking spray and press dough into 2” to 2.25” wide discs. Bake for 10 minutes. Don’t over bake. Allow to cool on cooling rack. Tends to soften when stored at room temp.
- For a slightly more drier version, reduce egg substitute to 1/4 cup. Batter will be thick, using hands to incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet is recommended. No need to spray hands to press cookies flat. Bake for 8 minutes. Don’t over bake.
More recipes with "Eggs, Oatmeal":
More "Brunch, Dessert, Snack" recipes: