Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: www.food.com
What's in it
2 cups bran flakes, crushed (or substitute multi-grain flakes)
2 cups oatmeal
2 tablespoons wheat germ
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup skim milk powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup raisins
How to cook it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crush cereal, and place in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add oatmeal, wheat germ, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine yogurt, applesauce, vanilla, honey, beaten egg, and skim milk powder: mix well to combine.
- Add baking soda and baking powder to the yogurt mixture. Mix well.
- Gradually add the cereal and oatmeal mixture to the yogurt mixture and stir well.
- Add raisins and mix to combine.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the batter and roll it into a ball. Place onto a non-stick cookie sheet, or lined with baking parchment, and lightly flatten.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes. Makes 24 cookies.
More recipes with "Apples, Eggs, Honey, Oatmeal, Raisins, Yogurt":
More "Breakfast, Snack" recipes:
More recipes with the same dietary type of "High Protein":