Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
What's in it
1 cup mango purée
1 TSP Pommery mustard
1 pinch paprika
1 pinch cumin
2 TSP canola oil
4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into sixteen ¾-inch chunks
2 medium ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1-inch chunks (to have at least 16 chunks) [Note: If they’re too mushy, they’ll fall apart.]
2 medium red onions, cut into 1-inch chunks (so you have about 16 chunks)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 handful baby arugula or mesclun lettuce
How to cook it
- Soak 8 six-inch bamboo skewers in water for about 30 minutes before grilling so they won’t burn.
- In a small saucepan, combine the mango purée, honey, and mustard and mix well. Cook over medium heat until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the paprika, cumin, and oil and mix well. Add the chicken chunks and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- Thread the skewers in the order of chicken, avocado, onion, chicken, avocado, and finish with onion. After all the skewers have been threaded, lightly brush them with the glaze.
- Light a fire in a charcoal or gas grill. Place the skewers on the grill, season with salt and pepper, and grill until cooked through, turning as needed, about 7 minutes.
- Place the arugula on a serving platter. Arrange the chicken skewers on top. Drizzle additional glaze as desired. Serve immediately.
More recipes with "Avocado, Chicken, Honey, Lettuce, Mango, Onion":
More "Appetizer, Dinner, Lunch" recipes: