Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: CAROL KICINSKI
What's in it
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ cup milk, at room temperature
Zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
1 ounce Crunchies freeze dried blueberries
½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
How to cook it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and standard muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and line the muffin cups with paper liners.
- Stir the lemon juice into the milk and let set for about 5 minutes. The milk may look a little curdled but this is ok.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon jest with 1 tablespoon of sugar until fully blended. It is easiest to do this with your fingers as the lemon jest may be moist and tends to clump. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer preferably fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and remaining cup of sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Turn mixer to low and add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until each egg is fully incorporated, scrapping down the sides of the bowl with each addition. Add the vanilla and mix well. With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture and lemon milk mixture to the creamed butter starting with 1/3 of the flour mixture, then half the lemon milk mixture, half the remaining flour mixture, the rest of the lemon milk mixture and the rest of the flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Remove bowl from mixer and scrap the sides and bottom of the bowl well with a large spatula. Gently fold in the blueberries. Divide evenly between the prepared muffin cups, filling the cups almost to the top. Top the batter with the lemon jest sugar mixture. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan before removing. Serve warm.
More recipes with "Blueberries":
More "Brunch, Dessert, Snack" recipes:
More recipes with the same dietary type of "Gluten Free":