Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://glutenfreeworks.com/
What's in it
1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
3 large eggs, separated
1/3 cup melted butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup Ghirardelli 60% chocolate chips
How to cook it
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the black beans, egg yolks, melted butter, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove the food processor blade from chocolate mixture and gently stir in a few small spoonfuls of the beaten egg whites. Transfer to mixing bowl, and fold in remaining egg whites.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, and pour into the prepared pan. Bake the brownies for 30 to 35 minutes, or until just set in the center. I think I might have left mine in a few minutes too long.
- Cool before cutting into squares. The egg whites did lighten the texture a bit, but it’s still lacking any real crumb, so they’re more of the gooey kind of brownies as opposed to cake-like. They’re still seriously yummy, though. Unless you tell people these brownies are made from black beans, I don’t think they’d know.
More recipes with "Chocolate Chips, Eggs":
More "Dessert" recipes: