Recipe submitted by: orock
Recipe courtesy of: A Kitchen Muse
What's in it
1 cup chopped onion
2 tsp. vegetable oil
2 cups shredded chicken
1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
¼ cup chopped cilantro
3 cups enchilada sauce, divided
2 ripe avocados, sliced
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. ground pepper
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
¼ cup sliced black olives
sour cream and lime slices for garnish
How to cook it
- Saute onions in 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- Poach 2 chicken breasts in water until cooked through and shred with two forks.
- Combine shredded chicken, beans and cilantro in a bowl.
- Add chicken mixture to sauteed onions with two cups of enchilada sauce, salt and pepper.
- Spray an 8 x 8 baking pan with PAM.
- Tear 3-4 corn tortillas into small pieces and layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread ½ the chicken mixture over the tortillas.
- Layer sliced avocados over chicken mixture, followed by the remaining chicken mixture.
- Top with 3-4 torn corn tortilla pieces and 1 cup of enchilada sauce.
- Top casserole with two cups shredded cheddar cheese and sliced black olives.
- Bake at 350 degree for 20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before cutting into squares.
- Garnish with sour cream and slices of lime.
More recipes with "Avocado, Beans, Cheese, Chicken":