Recipe submitted by: Tara Dunsmore
Recipe courtesy of: About.com
What's in it
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour mix (use your favorite mix)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 teaspoon gluten-free Italian herb seasoning blend OR gluten-free garlic powder
1 large egg and 1 tablespoon olive oil, whisked together
1 cup crushed gluten-free rice chex cereal (see tips)
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup olive oil for pan-frying
1/4 cup canola oil for pan-frying
How to cook it
- Place chicken breast between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound with a smooth meat mallet until about breasts are 1/4-inch thick. Repeat with each breast.
- Use a sharp knife to cut pounded breasts in 2-inch strips. Then cut each strip into 2x2-inch nuggets.
- Have ready 3 8-inch shallow baking dishes. In the first dish, combine gluten-free all purpose flour, salt, pepper and seasonings.
- In second dish, combine egg and olive oil. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
- In third dish, combine crushed gluten-free rice chex cereal and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Coat each chicken strip in flour mixture, then dip in egg olive oil mixture and last, evenly coat with rice chex crumb Parmesan cheese mixture.
- Place the nuggets on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before frying.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat olive oil and canola oil mixture over medium high heat.
- Add coated chicken nuggets and cook until golden, about 4 minutes, then turn each piece and cook second side.
More "Dinner, Lunch" recipes: