Recipe submitted by: Tara Dunsmore
Recipe courtesy of: Paula Deen
What's in it
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg, beaten
2 cup milk
1/2 (4 tablespoons) melted butter
Powdered sugar, for topping
How to cook it
- Combine milk, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and sugar and gradually add to wet ingredients. Beat with a mixer until a smooth batter forms. Fold in melted butter.
- Pour batter into a funnel or squeeze bottle while using your index finger to stop the flow of the batter.
- Bring the funnel over the hot oil and release your finger to start a stream of batter while moving the funnel in a circular motion to create spiral-like shapes.
- Fry for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown and slightly puffed. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.