Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
What's in it
3 slices of whole wheat or high fiber bread
1 tbsp. peanut butter
1 tbsp. light cream cheese
1 tsp. honey
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. flaxseed meal
1 small banana, thinly sliced
2 medium strawberries, thinly sliced
2 tsp. butter or margarine, melted
How to cook it
- Stack the slices of bread in between two plates. Press firmly down on plates and hold for about 30 seconds to flatten bread. Gently separate bread layers.
- Heat a large skillet on medium to medium high. Brush one side of each bread slices with butter. Place, butter-side-down in skillet and grill till golden brown. Remove 2 slices and place on a plate (these will be the outer bread layers). Butter the other side of the remaining slice and grill until golden brown (this will be the middle layer of the sandwich). Transfer to plate.
- To assemble: Using one of the outer bread layers, spread peanut butter on the grilled side. Sprinkle with flaxseed and add bananas.
- Place the middle bread layer (grilled on both sides) over banana. Spread cream cheese on top, add strawberries, drizzle with honey, and cover with the last piece of bread, grilled-side-down.
- Reheat skillet, butter one side of the sandwich, and grill until golden brown. Butter the other side, flip over, and grill. Enjoy!
More recipes with "Bananas, Bread, Cream Cheese, Honey, Peanut Butter, Strawberries":
More "Brunch, Lunch, Snack" recipes: