Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
What's in it
500 g bread flour or 500 g all-purpose flour
4 1/2 teaspoons fast rising yeast
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
400 ml warm water (110 degrees)
1/4 cup rough chopped fresh rosemary or 1/4 cup fresh thyme
1 dozen black olives, rough chopped (optional)
1 -2 teaspoon fleur de sel (optional)
2 garlic cloves, rough cut
1/2 cup black olives, pitted
1 anchovy fillet, rinsed well
2 tablespoons capers, drained
3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
How to cook it
- Fougasse. Combine flour, yeast, salt and oil in a stand mixer bowl.
- With dough hook attached and running on medium low (3 on my Kitchenaid) add all but a few Tbsp of the water.
- Continue "kneading" the dough for about 4 minutes. The dough should come away from the sides of the bowl. Add more water as necessary.
- Alternatively use a large bowl and a wooden spoon or Danish whisk to combine then turn the dough out to a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes by hand.
- Place the dough in a large oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size.minimum 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425f.
- Gently scrape the dough into a large baking pan, pulling the dough to fit within the pan.
- Let the dough rest for 20 minutes more.
- Dress the top of the bread with the herbs.
- If using the olives and salt, press the olives into the dough and lightly sprinkle the top with the fleur de sel.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut into small bite sized pieces.
- Tapenade. Pulse the garlic, olives, anchovy, and capers in a small food processor until pureed.
- Continue pulsing and add 1 Tbsp of olive oil at a time until all the ingredients come together.
- Add lemon juice and pepper to garnish.
More recipes with "Lemons, Olives":
More "Appetizer" recipes: