Recipe submitted by: Colton Dils
Recipe courtesy of: Delish
What's in it
2 tbsp. butter, divided
2 bagels, halved
1/2 c. pizza sauce
2 c. shredded mozzarella
1/3 c. mini pepperoni
2 tbsp. chopped fresh
4 large eggs
Freshly ground black pepper
Fresh basil, for garnish
How to cook it
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. When the butter has melted, place the bagel halves in the skillet cut-sides down. Toast until golden.
- Turn off the heat and place the bagel halves on a plate, toasted sides up. Use a cookie cutter (or small glass) to cut a bigger hole in the center of the bagel. Spread with pizza sauce and top with mozzarella and mini pepperoni. (Eat the buttery bagel scraps.)
- Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel. Melt remaining butter over medium heat and return the bagel to the skillet, pizza-side up. Crack an egg in the center of each hole and season the egg with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the skillet with a large lid and cook until the cheese has melted and the egg has reached desired doneness, about 4 minutes for a runny sunny-side up egg.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with basil. Enjoy immediately.