Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.imnotthenanny.com/
What's in it
1 can of refrigerated Pillsbury cinnamon roll dough (recommended)
¼ c powdered sugar
2 tsp milk
Colored sugar crystals in gold, green, and purple (Mardi Gras colors)
Dried red bean or plastic baby (optional)
How to cook it
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Remove cinnamon roll dough from the can and separate the rolls.
- Unroll 2 sections into strips. Stack them and pinch them together at one end.
- Loosely “braid” the strips.
- Shape the braid into a circle and pinch ends to keep its shape. Repeat with remaining 6 strips to form 4 mini king cakes.
- Bake on a grease cook sheet for 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- While the king cakes cool, make icing by mixing icing from the can with powdered sugar and milk. If icing is too runny, add a teaspoon of powdered sugar. If too thick, a splash of milk
- Spoon icing onto cooled cake and sprinkle with the color sugar, making sure each cake has all three colors.
More "Dessert" recipes: