Recipe submitted by: aMusingFoodie
What's in it
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg, beaten
3/4 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 very rip banana, mashed up well
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
How to cook it
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet over heat that's just a bit hotter than medium while you make the batter. Rub the pan with a little canola oil.
- Add the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and chocolate chips to a medium mixing bowl and then give it a quick stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl or large measuring cup (my personal favorite), whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla and canola oil.
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients, and whisk a few times until the mixture is just combined.
- Gently whisk in the bananas, about 5 turns should incorporate them - you don't want to over whisk the batter.
- Ladle the batter into the pan (about 1/4 cup each), and cook for 4 minutes or until bubbles form across the entire top of the pancake. Flip them, and continue cooking the pancakes for 2 more minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium, and repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
- Serve hot with butter, syrup and more chips!