Easy Foccacia Bread – A Licia’s Kitchen Creation
Recipe submitted by: Dani Gurrie
An easy way to get creative and try different spices, herbs and oils!
What's in it
2 c. warm water
2 tablespoons quick rise yeast
4 c. bread flour
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons sugar
How to cook it
- Dissolve yeast in warm water, then stir in remaining ingredients just until moist. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Cover with "oiled" plastic wrap nd place a damp towel on top. Place in a warm, draft-free location for 1 hour.
- Generously grease square or rectangular pan with butter or olive oil and add a blob of dough.
- Stretch or pull it apart with fingers and cover the bottom of the pan leaving indentations or holes in dough.
- Brush top with olive oil and fill holes with fresh or dried herbs, cheeses or seasonings of your choice. Try oregano, dill, hot pepper flakes, sun dried tomatoes, rosemary, etc. Be creative!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until golden. Perfect for sandwiches!
More "Dinner, Lunch, Snack" recipes: