Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.momalwaysfindsout.com/
What's in it
2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons butter
How to cook it
- Put the butter, the sour cream and water in a small saucepan and heat, but do not cook. Cool to tepid then add the remaining ingredients. Put in a kneader (or use your kneader attachment on your mixer if you have one). If thick add more water.
- Let it rise double and cut into 16 equal parts.
- Baking tray lined with baking paper or a silicone baking mat and cut the ears with kitchen shears. When the dough is STILL SOFT, Make sure you smooth the edges around, so you do not end up with gremlin shaped horns.
- The eyes can then be put in, use pepper grains or similar.
- Bake at 375° for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.