Recipe submitted by: Dani Gurrie
Recipe courtesy of: The Battle Between Fashion and Domestication
What's in it
1 lb brussel sprouts
2 ears of corn, kernels freshly cut off of the cob
3 tbs olive oil, divided
1/2 lemons-worth of juice
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
salt & pepper
How to cook it
- In a large pan heat 1 tbs olive oil over medium-high heat. Cut brussel sprouts in half and add to pan. Sprinkle with lemon juice, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and generous pinches of salt & pepper.
- Shake and stir to coat, continue to shake every so often, to enable a caramelized sear but not an over-cook on one side.
- After about 10 minutes (adding more olive oil as needed), when brussel sprouts are browned, soft on the outside, but a bit hard n crunch on the inside, add fresh corn kernels to the pan.
- Drizzle 1 tbs olive oil over the corn, sprinkle with more salt & pepper and stir & shake to fully mix.
- Cook altogether for another 5 minutes, until corn is warm but pops to the bite.
- Serve warm & enjoy!