Recipe submitted by: Dani Gurrie
What's in it
Pre-packaged, refrigerated sugar cookie dough
Caramel topping for ice cream
(1) 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
2 T brown sugar
1/4 c Peanut butter (we used crunchy)
1/4 t Cinnamon
1/4 t Vanilla
How to cook it
- Take 1 roll of pre-packaged sugar cookie dough. Roll it out pretty thin since it will rise. (I could've rolled ours out a bit thinner). The thinner and crispier the cookie is the better (I think anyway!) Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake according to instructions on the package. Let cool.
- Mix the spread. Combine the cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix until creamy. Spread over the cooled cookie.
- Core and peel two apples. Slice them pretty thin. (We sliced ours pretty thick). Have also seen this recipe with the skin on. We used red apples (gala, I think), but granny smith would probably be pretty tasty. Lay these on the cookie covering most of the spread.
- Take the caramel topping and spread generously over the cookie. Slice and enjoy!
More recipes with "Apples":
More "Dessert" recipes: