Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
What's in it
3 1/2 to 4 lb. skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 7 thighs)
2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1/2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. vegetable oil
8 oz. cellentani pasta
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups firmly packed arugula
1/2 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/2 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
How to cook it
- Preheat oven to 400°. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over high heat until oil just begins to smoke.
- Place chicken in skillet, skin sides down; reduce heat to medium-high, and cook 15 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate; discard drippings.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Toss with chicken broth and 3 Tbsp. Arugula Pesto. Add pasta mixture to skillet. Place chicken, skin sides up, on pasta.
- Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes. Dollop with additional Arugula Pesto.
- Arugula Pesto Process 2 cups firmly packed arugula, 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 2 Tbsp. water, 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a food processor until smooth. Refrigerate up to 1 week. MAKES 1 cup