Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.parents.com/recipe/bars/granola-bars/
What's in it
1 cup purchased low-fat granola
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1 cup dried apricots and/or dried cranberries, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1/4 cup canola oil
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
How to cook it
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with foil, allowing foil to extend over edges of pan. Lightly coat the foil with vegetable cooking spray; set pan aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the granola, oats, fruit, and flour. In a small bowl whisk together the egg, honey, oil, and cinnamon. Add to granola mixture. Stir until combined. Pat mixture firmly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until browned. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Use foil to lift mixture from pan. Trim edges, if desired. Cut into bars.
- To store, place in an airtight container and store at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months. Makes 15.
- Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal.(kcal): 157, Fat, total(g): 5, chol.(mg): 14, sat. fat(g): 1, carb.(g): 26, Monosaturated fat(g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat(g): 1, fiber(g): 3, sugar(g): 12, pro.(g): 4, vit. A(IU): 437, vit. C(mg): 1, Thiamin(mg): 0, Riboflavin(mg): 0, Niacin(mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6)(mg): 0, Folate(µg): 69, Cobalamin (Vit. B12)(µg): 1, sodium(mg): 24, Potassium(mg): 188, calcium(mg): 20, iron(mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.