Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.simpledish.com/recipes/sides/corn-dog-mini-muffins
What's in it
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg
6 beef franks, cut into 1-inch pieces
Ketchup, for serving
Mustard, for serving
How to cook it
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly coat a 24-cup mini muffin tin with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda and salt. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, sugar, butter and egg. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Scoop 1 tbsp. batter into each cup and place 1 hot dog piece into the center.
- Place into oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve immediately with ketchup and/or mustard.
More recipes with "Eggs, Hot Dog":
More "Lunch, Side Dish, Snack" recipes: