Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: www.johnsonville.com
What's in it
(19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Hot Italian Sausage Links
(48 ounces) chicken stock
potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch dice
1 1/2 cups
half and half (or light cream)
corn kernels, fresh or frozen
fresh thyme leaves, chopped, (or ½ teaspoon dried)
salt to taste
red bell pepper, cut into ¼ inch dice
green onions, cut into ¼ inch slices
Italian parsley, chopped
How to cook it
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Add sausage. Cook over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes, turning links often.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Carefully add ½ cup water to skillet. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from heat and allow the sausages to cool.
- In a large soup pot, melt the butter and add onions, cook until softened for about 10 minutes
- Add the flour to the onions, stirring together, and cook another 3 minutes.
- Add the stock, stir frequently and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to med low, add potatoes, and stir to combine.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until the potatoes are tender about 10 to 15 more minutes.
- Add the half and half, corn, thyme and salt. Cook for another 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally and being careful not to allow it to boil.
- Meanwhile, transfer the cooled sausages to a cutting board and slice in half lengthwise and then into ¼ inch half moon slices. Add the sausages, bell pepper and green onions, to the soup pot; simmer gently for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately or reheat when ready to serve with a sprinkling of fresh Italian parsley (can be made a day ahead, store in refrigerator).
More recipes with "Corn, Onion, Potatoes, Red Pepper":
More "Dinner, Lunch, Soup" recipes: