Recipe submitted by: Aimee Mendoza
Recipe courtesy of: Jamie Oliver
What's in it
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
• 1 leek, washed and finely sliced
• extra virgin olive oil
• 2 medium courgettes, halved lengthways
• 1kg potatoes, peeled
• 2 anchovies
• 1 wine glass white wine
• 565ml milk
• 565ml stock
• 1kg cod fillet, skinned and pin-boned
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• a handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
• a bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
• juice of ½ a lemon
How to cook it
- In an appropriately sized large pan, slowly fry your onion and leek with around 5 tablespoons of olive oil for 5 minutes until soft and tender.
- With a teaspoon, remove and discard the fluffy tasteless core from the courgettes and grate the rest into the pan.
- Chop the potatoes into rough 2cm dice and add to the pan. Give everything a good stir and then add the anchovies.
- Turn the heat up and add the white wine. Allow to cook down by half before adding your milk and stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for half an hour until the potatoes are tender.
- Add your cod and simmer for a further 15 minutes until the flesh flakes away; feel free to stir and break up the fish, but it's quite nice to leave some big chunks as well.
- Season carefully to taste. Divide between your bowls, and serve with a small handful of parsley and spring onion dressed with a little olive oil and lemon juice.