Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.celiac.com/
What's in it
3 Tablespoons butter or butter substitute
1 (10 oz) bag gluten-free marshmallows
1/2 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
1/5 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup gluten-free peanut butter
5 cups gluten free crispy rice cereal
1 cup gluten-free chocolate chips (optional)
How to cook it
- Grease an 8×8 square glass pan.
- Melt the butter in a large pan or dutch oven over low heat. Add the marshmallows, vanilla, salt and peanut butter, stirring constantly until melted and smooth; this takes several minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cereal, stirring until well mixed. Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and press it into the pan with a greased spatula (or you can place a piece of waxed paper over it and press down).
- If you want to add a chocolate coating on top of your crispy rice treats, place chocolate chips in small, microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals until melted; stirring as needed.
- Spread melted chocolate over the bars and allow to set completely, about 2 hours at room temperature ( you can also place them in the refrigerator or freezer to speed up this process).
- Cut bars into squares and serve.
More recipes with "Chocolate Chips, Peanut Butter":
More "Dessert" recipes:
More recipes with the same dietary type of "Gluten Free":