Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: www.hersheys.com/recipes
What's in it
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine , softened
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1-1/2 cups HERSHEY'S Syrup *
RASPBERRY CREAM CENTER (recipe follows)
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter or margarine
2 tablespoons raspberry-flavored liqueur*
CHOCOLATE GLAZE (recipe follows)
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
How to cook it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, butter, eggs and baking powder in large bowl; beat until smooth. Add syrup; blend thoroughly. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Spread RASPBERRY CREAM CENTER on cake. Cover; refrigerate. Pour CHOCOLATE GLAZE over chilled dessert. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Cover; refrigerate leftover dessert. About 12 servings.
- RASPBERRY CREAM CENTER: Combine 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter or margarine and 2 tablespoons raspberry-flavored liqueur* in small bowl; beat until smooth. ( A few drops red food color may be added, if desired.) * 1/4 cup raspberry preserves mixed with 1 teaspoon water may be substituted for the raspberry-flavored liqueur.
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE: Melt 6 tablespoons butter or margarine and 1 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips in small saucepan over very low heat. Remove from heat; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. * One 16-oz. can HERSHEY'S Syrup contains 1-1/2 cups syrup.
More recipes with "Chocolate Chips":
More "Dessert" recipes: