Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.myorganicrecipes.com/chocolate-chip-pumpkin-bread/
What's in it
2 cups organic unbleached white flour
1 teaspoon soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon ginger
2/3 cup organic sugar
2/3 cup margarine or organic butter
¼ cup water
1 can (15oz) 100% pure organic pumpkin
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
How to cook it
- Heat oven to 350 F. Grease bottom of 2 small loaf pans with butter or margarine.
- In a bowl stir flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, mix and set aside.
- Beat the butter or margarine with the sugar with electric mixer for 3 4 minutes until creamy. Add eggs, water and pumpkin, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture and vanilla extract, beat on low for 1 minute. Stir in chocolate chips, mix.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the bread is cooked. Remove from pans to cooling rack.
- Serve with milk, orange juice, tea or coffee.