Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: www.dlife.com
What's in it
1/4 oz dried cloud ear mushrooms
4 oz fresh shiitake mushrooms
3 oz firm tofu
2 oz Bamboo Shoots, slices, cooked, drained
3 3/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
1 tbsp SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, granulated
3 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp hot chili oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 pinch white pepper
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp cold water
1 each egg whites
1 tsp sesame oil
2 each scallions
How to cook it
- Soak cloud (or wood) ears in hot water for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Drain, trim, and discard hard base from each. Coarsely chop.
- Trim and discard stalks from shiitake mushrooms. Cut caps into thin strips.
- Cut tofu into 1/2" cubes. Finely shred bamboo shoots.
- In large pan, combine stock, mushrooms, tofu, and bamboo shoots. Bring to boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in Splenda® , vinegar, soy sauce, chili oil, salt and pepper.
- In small bowl, dissolve cornstarch completely in water. Add to soup. Stir until soup thickens slightly.
- Lightly beat egg white. Add to soup, stirring continuously. Cook, stirring, until egg white turns opaque white.
- Add sesame oil just before serving. Ladle soup into bowls, garnish with scallion.
More recipes with "Eggs, Mushrooms, Soy Sauce, Tofu":
More "Soup" recipes: