Recipe submitted by: orock
What's in it
4 chicken breasts or the equivalent amount of cubes or strips
2 garlic cloves
Fresh or dried oregano
Freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons of your best extra-virgin olive oil
Juice of two lemons
Choice of vegetables: peppers, mushrooms, onions, zucchini
How to cook it
- If using chicken breasts cut into rough cubes. Place the chicken in a roasting tin.
- Measure out the olive oil in a measuring jug and add the juice of two lemons.
- Add a teaspoon of dried oregano or a handful of roughly chopped fresh oregano.
- Roughly chop the garlic gloves and add to the jug. Then grind and add black pepper to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients together so that the oil and lemon juice is no longer separated, drizzle over the chicken.
- Mix the marinade through the chicken, cover and refrigerate for no less than an hour and ideally 3 hours.
- If you're using wooden skewers, soak them in water in readiness.
- 10 minutes before you're ready to cook, prepare your vegetables by slicing or cutting into chunks depending on your choice.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. To grease the grill, lightly dip a wad of paper towels in vegetable oil and, using tongs, carefully rub over the grates several times until glossy and coated. Grill the chicken kebabs until golden brown and cooked through, turning skewers occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer the skewers to a platter and serve over rice or cous cous.